Right on time for Valentine’s Day, a treat for your sweet. Instead spending $40 for 20 chocolate covered strawberries at Mally’s I decided to make my own treat this year. So I bring you my Chocolate Covered Strawberry Mini Cheesecake.
Screw roses and teddy bears, GIVE ME CHEESECAKE! These are great mini sweets to make for yourself, family, friends or lover. They are the perfect size for kids and it keeps us adults from overindulging.
You’ll NEED this mini cheesecake pan from Amazon; it makes 12 minis. These minis are indeed mini so if you want something bigger you can get this small cheesecake pan. You might want these squeeze bottles for drizzling the chocolate and this very affordable double boiler that I use to melt the chocolates.
I fill up a saucepan with 2 cups of water and put the double boiler on top. Put the heat on low and add the chocolate in. Once it starts melting stir with whisk. White chocolate melts much quicker than milk chocolate. I like the Ghirardelli’s chocolate chips, I do not like Nestles.
The chocolate hardens over time and they become harder to eat, just a FYI. You might want to serve immediately.
- 4 ounces Ground Honey Graham Crackers (you can use vanilla wafers or animal crackers too)
- 4 tablespoons Melted Butter
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 16 oz Cream Cheese (2 packages; cut into cubes and set out to room temperature)
- 3 large Eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Table Salt
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 12 Strawberries (washed and dried)
- 6 oz Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips
- 6 oz Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Very Lightly grease molds. Combine Ground Graham Crackers and Melted Butter, slowly pouring crackers into butter. Mix well, you can use your fingers to really get in there. Use a shot glass or something similar to pack down crust into mold. Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture into each mold.
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Use standing mixer with paddle attachment. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula as needed throughout mixing. Beat Cream Cheese on low until broken up and smooth; mix for 30 secs. Slowly add in Sugar and Lemon Zest and increase speed to medium; beat for 3 minutes until creamy. Reduce speed to medium-low and add in one Egg at a time. Add Vanilla and Salt and mix until smooth. Add Heavy Cream and mix for a few more seconds. Evenly add mixture into molds and Smooth tops.
- Bake for 22 minutes. Cheesecakes will puff up but flatten down while cooling. Leave out until room temperature. Place in fridge for 1 hour until chilled.
- Remove cheesecakes from mold by pushing up on bottoms and set aside.
- Melt chocolates and spoon 1 tablespoon over each cheesecake. Dip strawberries and set on top. Finish with chocolate drizzle on top of strawberries.
- *You have enough filling for 18 mini cheesecakes so you can make 6 more after the first batch