I was doing one of those ‘walk in the kitchen opening everything looking for a snack’ moves tonight. I wanted something cold and sweet. I saw a bottle of Not Your Father’s Root Beer in the back of the fridge and some ice cream in the freezer. Well you can guess what happened next. The Not Your Father’s Root Beer Float.
I grabbed all of this and went to work.
Of course you can just use the ‘Root Beer’ and ice cream but I wanted the whole shebang. Homemade whipped cream is so easy to make, uses 3 ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes. *use a whisk instead of the blending wand shown* You can also use a mixer or put it all in a jar and shake until you drop.
And voila! The soft peaks will let you know it’s done.
OOPS! be careful. The ice cream and whipped cream makes the beer react.
The nice thing about this recipe is that it’s fun to make. You can make the kids think mommy and daddy are drinking the same thing as them. Plus I’m sure they’d love to make the whipped cream. Just don’t blame me for the mess!
- 1 bottle Not Your Father's Root Beer
- 1 scoop Ice Cream
- Whipped cream
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Confectioners Sugar
- Fill glass up with Not Your Father's Root Beer.
- Add ice cream.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Finish with caramel drizzle.
- Chill non-reactive bowl in fridge.
- Take Heavy Cream and Vanilla, whisk or beat until LOOSE peaks form.
- Sift in confectioners sugar and beat until you get SOFT peaks.
- *do not over-beat or it'll become thick like butter.