Hello there! So I was minding my business, thinking about food. I got a craving for strawberry frosted donuts which are my second fav donuts. But I wasn’t going out the house to get them. Then my best friend texted me and asked if I was making more cupcakes. I had not planned on it but since she put the seed in my head….. here we have Berry Strawberry Cupcakes.
Now for some things I prefer the artificial flavor of something better than the natural thing. So I like lemonade but not fresh lemonade. The same goes for strawberries, I like to eat them whole but when they are blended into something I want no parts. The seeds just mess it up for me. So I needed to figure out how to get that yummy strawberry taste without using real strawberries.
This! Hershey’s Strawberry Syrup. Growing up strawberry milk was my favorite drink so this really got me excited. Now I knew I wanted to add it to the frosting but then I thought “well you might as well add it to the cupcakes too!”, double the fun. I wanted a strong strawberry flavor but it you want something lighter just add less syrup.
It was quick and perfect. The frosting was super pink and I couldn’t have been happier with the flavor.
- 1-1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Table Salt
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 large Egg (room temperature)
- 2 large Egg Yolks (room temperature)
- 1-1/2 tbsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 tbsp Hershey's Strawberry Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line Cupcake pan with liners.
- Quickly mix together all dry ingredients with whisk; Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Salt
- In a large bowl add Butter, Sour Cream, all Eggs, Vanilla Bean Paste and Strawberry Syrup and mix well
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients starting mixer on slow speed and ending up on medium. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula. Mix well for 30 secs.
- Divide batter evenly between cupcake liners.
- Place on middle rack for 18 minutes until tops spring back when touched.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and frost when completely cool.
- 2 sticks of Butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons of Hershey's Strawberry Syrup
- 2 tablespoons of Cream (or Milk)
- * Pinch of salt
- With your mixer, cream together Butter until smooth; scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula throughout process
- Mix in Vanilla Bean Paste
- Slowly add in Confectioner's Sugar then Salt and mix well
- Add in Cream then Syrup and mix until incorporated