Ok so here in Ohio it’s still cold. Yes, we are still in Winter so pity me. The sun is peeking his head out and melting some of the snow banks so Spring soon come. Before I pull out my sandals and coral lipstick I wanted to say goodbye to some of my Winter favorites. One of those being Hot Chocolate. I got the idea for this grown and sexy spin on a classic drink on a Saturday night when I wanted a cocktail but also something warm. So Irish Cream Cocoa was born!
I’m kinda sorta heavy-handed with liquor and I added in 3 oz of Bailey’s, I wasn’t expecting it to hit me like it did. By the time you hit the bottom of the cup you’ll definitely be feeling warm and fuzzy. The Irish Cream does not overpower the hot chocolate though, you taste them both. They come together well and make the perfect pair.
- 6 oz milk (I used 2%)
- 1 package instant cocoa mix
- 2-3 oz Irish Cream Liqueur (I prefer Bailey's)
- Whipped cream
- Heat up milk in saucepan on low-medium heat.
- Add packet of hot chocolate and stir well.
- Add Irish Cream and mix.
- Pour into mug.
- Throw on a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with cherries, chocolate syrup or cinnamon.